What I learned this summer:
- People in Texas are very friendly. People in the north east are nice, sure, but only once you start talking to them. Up there eye contact and passing 'Hellos' didn't seem to exist so much.
- No matter how cold the water, give me a boogie board I will go into the ocean.
- My kids are incredibly well behaved. In comparison. On planes, especially.
- You can be bitten by a shark and live. I know. I was bitten by one. For real.
- Bed bugs prefer the taste of my wife to me. Good for me, not so much for her.
- There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.
- When I go through customs at the airport, TSA officials spot my badge and whisper conspiratorially, "Are you armed?" (Never, "Do you have a gun?" "Are you carrying a weapon," "Are you packing heat?"). Weird.
- Having your toes nibbled by a baby sand shark counts as "being bitten by a shark" for blogging purposes.