It's been a weird week for news what with the Royal Wedding (technically last week, I know) and the killing of Osama bin Laden. Got me to wondering. . .
What do these events have in common?
1. Everyone wants to see pictures.
2. They made the world a happier place.
3. The central figure in each event was wearing a white dress (so I'm told).
4. Shares in retailers like Flags 'R' Us sky-rocketed.
5. No more virgins for one guy, plenty for the other (so I'm told).
6. Shoes. Crazy ones for Posh Spice, concrete ones for Osama.
It's a little odd to see some of the celebrations, to be honest. Bad, nasty dude for sure and not one person on the planet should shed a tear, but to see a young college kid on TV saying "It makes me proud to be a Texan"? What's that got to do with it?
Cheeky bugger was probably trying to co-opt this for his own dastardly ends.
Big day in history, though. Which is why I had to add my two cents.