- "He's a natural leader." To explain: a series of bullying and otherwise aggressive acts;
- "He's a follower." To explain: membership in a gang;
- "Those were not my pants." To explain: discovery of marijuana in pocket;
- "They're my shorts, but I loaned them to my cousin and didn't check the pockets." To explain: as above;
- "He's a hard-worker and motivated to provide for his family." To explain: the ability to break into and steal from nine cars in one night;
- "He's gifted for his age." To explain: how a twelve-year-old was able to boost and then drive a car;
- "He was looking forward to shop class the next day." To explain: the screwdrivers and hammer found on the suspect at two in the morning in a parking lot.
Now, if you'll excuse me there's a defense lawyer here to see me. He's a natural leader, so if the meeting doesn't go well please send flowers.