That's because I can't believe it's about to be 2011.
It helped this weekend when I put up the Xmas tree and strung lights over the big tree in my front yard. That gets me in the spirit. Today's cold front helped, too.
Now, because it's the end of the year, people will be making lists. Lists for Santa and lists of their top ten for 2010, as well as lists tallying up the things they have achieved.
And because I hate to come in last, I thought I'd start listing and tallying a few weeks before everyone else. So here are a few random bits and pieces from 2010.
- Number of jury trials first-chaired: 3
- Percentage won: 66.66666666666666
- Number of jury trials second-chaired: 1
- Percentage won: 0.0000000000000
- Number of murder cases assigned: 4
- Number of murder cases resolved: 1 (guilty verdict)
- Finest moment: being asked, in front of the jury, by an unashamed crack user/prostitute: "Why aren't you wearing underwear?"
- Number of defendants who had me wondering about my personal safety: 1*
- Number of defendants who thanked me after their plea deal: 7
- Number of "Thank You" cards received from victims: 1*
* Same case.
- Visits to my blog since January 1, 2010: 29,359
- Number of visitors from Iran: 1
- Number of visitors from Mongolia: 3
- Number of visitors from the Philippines: 26
- Number of visitors from Israel: 89
- Number of visitors from USA: 27,995
- Top referring site: Grits For Breakfast
- Number of posts my boss has told me to pull or chastised me for: 0
- Prosecutor who appears most in keyword searches: Chris Baugh
- Prosecutor who's most surprised it's not him: Me
- Most viewed post: A Window into Plea Negotiations
Anything you'd like to know about along these lines?