Monday, September 26, 2011

I thought this was a myth?

Spontaneous human combustion, I mean.

I really thought it was all a myth. But apparently there's been a (new?!) case of it, in Ireland. And those Irish coroners, they know what they're talking about. I guess.

Anyway, the BBC wrote that the poor gentleman was found dead at his home.

"The fire had been confined to the sitting room. The only damage was to the body, which was totally burnt, the ceiling above him and the floor underneath him."

Every other cause of death/fire was ruled out. Here's the rest of the story.

So, there you have it: spontaneous human combustion -- just one more thing I have to worry about.

1 comment:

Comments posted to this blog are NOT the opinion of the Travis County D.A.'s office, under any circumstances. They are only the personal, non-representative opinion of D.A. Confidential if posted under his name.
I welcome all comments, as long as they are expressed with politeness and respect. I will delete all comments that I deem to be personal attacks, or that are posted merely to antagonize or insult.